Having a Summer wedding? Here are some tips
Summer weddings are beautiful because of all the summer blooms that are available. However, remember that in a tropical country like ours, summer weddings may be a bit of a doozer so our weddings and events team have these tips for you:
1. Always have backup flowers – Summer means heat and your cut flowers may not be as fresh or perky as the ceremony and day goes on. Best to prep spritzers for your entourage’s bouquets and most especially the boutonnieres of the groom and groomsmen!
2. Proper Outdoor Venue – Make sure that your outdoor venue isn’t too loud or crowded. Our lakeside garden is a perfect solemn venue for a garden wedding! You want your ceremony to be private (no gawkers or paparazzi, please!) and quiet so that guests can hear your vows!
3. Light, shade and breeze – Summer means heat. Consider the time of your ceremony and if it’s going to be a bit hot, make sure you have tents or parasols. It could be a great giveaway as well – fans and parasols! Your guests’ comfort is also important.
It might also be a good idea to have some cooled bottled water available for your guests.
4. Offer drinks – Preferably non-alcoholic ones before the ceremony ends. Try refreshing citrus drinks which can also be your signature drink for the event!
5. Bugs away! – Outdoor venues mean that you are getting everything from the great outdoors. This means bugs as well. Use citronella plants or candles generously. Have a tub of bug spray or lotion for your guests to use and if you could have several of those electronic bug killers, have them around the venue. Nothing ruins a good mood than when you’re scratching and slapping your arms every time.
6. Transition indoors if you can – Have an indoor venue planned as well. You can have the ceremony outside and have the reception inside. The Monochrome has venues available for you to choose from! We can have your ceremony by the lake garden and then move your party inside for the reception.
7. Summer Get up – If you chose summer to be your wedding date, have fun with it! It may be a good idea to hold off on the formal wear and let people come in summer appropriate clothes.
Our events team is more than happy to make your wedding the most memorable event of your life. This is after all the first day of the rest of your life with the one that you love!